Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games
We will pick you up from the port of Katakolo.
The beautiful trip takes 30 minutes drive to Ancient Olympia and 2 hours stay in Olympia.
In Olympia, visit the legendary Ancient Olympia Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place.
To this day begins the Olympic flame in Ancient Olympia to travel around the countries and announce this global event of peace and sportsmanship.
In the Olympic Museum you can visit many magnificent statues, that were found during the excavations and make plenty of pictures.
In the Olympic village, you can eat and drink something.
There are also many small souvenir shops and much more.
VERY USEFUL INFORMATION
- TRAVEL TIME: 1 HOUR DRIVE & RETURN
- 2 HOURS STAY IN OLYMPIA
- AIR CONDITIONED IN MUSEUM: YES
- CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED: YES
- RESTROOMS AVAILABLE: YES
- SHOPPING AVAILABLE: YES
- FREE WIFI: NO
- PHARMACY OFFICE: YES
- BANK, ATM & EXCHANGE OFFICE IN OLYMPIA: YES
- NATIONAL BANK OF GREEK + ATM + EXCHANGE OFFICE: YES
- PIRAEUS BANK + ATM + EXCHANGE OFFICE: YES
- ALPHA BANK + ATM + EXCHANGE OFFICE: NO
TICKET PRICE FOR MUSEUM:
- 1. April – 31. October = 12,- Euro
- 1. November – 31. March = 6,- Euro
- Children under 18 year is Free
- Students Free (But only with Student card)
- Adults over 65 years are Free (But only with ID or Passport)
FREE ENTRY DAYS:
- 6. March – Memory of Melina Merkouri
- 18. April – International Monument Day
- 18. May – International Museum Day
- The last weekend of September each year (European Cultural Heritage Days)
- 28. October – Ohi Day (Anniversary of the No)
- Every first Sunday of the month from 1. November to 31. March
- 12 euro p.p.: Combined ticket for the archaeological site and museum in Olympia
- Children up to 18 y.o. enter for free